Google buys city-guide app maker JetPac
REUTERS - Google Inc is buying JetPac Inc, the startup that designs social travel applications disclosed on its website on Friday, without providing details.
"We'll be removing Jetpac's apps from the App Store in the coming days, and ending support for them on 9/15," stated a posting on JetPac's homepage. (bit.ly/1b66Re9)
San Francisco-based JetPac has created a mobile application that uses pictures from various social networking sites to create city guides.
Earlier this year, Google bought Nest Labs Inc, which makes smart thermostat and smoke alarms, for $3.2 billion, making the deal one of the largest in Google's history.
Google was not available for comment outside of normal business hours.
(Reporting By Tanvi Mehta in Bangalore; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
A U.S. judge on Friday gave final approval to Apple Inc's agreement to pay $450 million to resolve claims it harmed consumers by conspiring with five publishers to raise e-book prices. Full Article