US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St ends down for day, posts September losses
NEW YORK, Sept 30
NEW YORK, Sept 30 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks slipped on Tuesday, dragged down by energy and materials shares as economic data disappointed, and major indexes posted losses for the month.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average fell 28.29 points, or 0.17 percent, to 17,042.93, the S&P 500 lost 5.49 points, or 0.28 percent, to 1,972.31 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 12.46 points, or 0.28 percent, to 4,493.39. (Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Tracy Morgan incredulous Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries