SAN FRANCISCO Advanced Micro Devices AMD.N said on Wednesday it promoted senior executive Devinder Kumar to chief financial officer after the struggling PC chipmaker announced in September its previous CFO was leaving.
Kumar, a 28-year AMD veteran, had been standing in as CFO since AMD announced the departure of Thomas Siefert, who was liked by many on Wall Street.
Since 2001, Kumar was corporate controller at AMD, which like other PC-related companies has been hit by a slump in demand as smartphones and tablets grow in popularity.
AMD, one of Silicon Valley's oldest chipmakers, has been laying off engineers while looking for new markets for its chips as it faces dwindling cash reserves. (Reporting By Noel Randewich; Editing by Tim Dobbyn)
Trending On Reuters
Facebook, Twitter, Google's YouTube and Microsoft pledged on Tuesday to review requests for the removal of hateful content posted on their platforms within 24 hours as part of a code of conduct agreed with EU regulators. Full Article
- French finmin rules out Google tax deal, more firms could be targeted
- Rocket Internet stems losses despite slower sales growth
- Mondelez to create more apps, online videos in advertising shift
- Video: NASA tests new fabric to house astronauts in space
- Video: Is China's 'bus-way' the future of public transport?