ALGIERS Algeria will not allow foreigners to help secure its oil facilities, Oil Minister Youcef Yousfi said on Sunday during a short visit to the In Amenas gas plant.
"It is out of the question to allow foreign security forces to handle the security of our oil facilities," Yousfi was quoted as saying by the official APS news agency.
Yousfi, speaking after Algerian forces ended a hostage crisis at the plant in the Sahara desert, said that security would be reinforced at oil facilities.
He added that damage at the plant was not very significant, and that the Tiguentourine plant should resume functionning after two days.
(Reporting By Lamine Chikhi)
Trending On Reuters
The U.S. military will announce on Friday that has it taken disciplinary action against 16 service members over a deadly Oct. 3 air strike in Afghanistan that destroyed a hospital run by the international medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres, U.S. officials told Reuters. Full Article
- North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour - Xinhua
- Basement fire at Shanghai Hongqiao airport kills 2 - People's Daily
- Iran holds run-off parliamentary election - state TV
- North Korea tightens security ahead of congress - South Korea
- Magnitude 7.3 quake hits off coast of Vanuatu - USGS