BRUSSELS European Union antitrust regulators will decide by July 30 whether to clear Apple Inc's $3 billion bid for music streaming and audio equipment company Beats, the European Commission said on Wednesday.
IPhone maker Apple unveiled the deal last month, which will help it catch up in the fast-growing and lucrative music streaming business.
The Commission can either clear the deal unconditionally or demand concessions if it sees competition issues. It can also open an extensive investigation if it has deeper concerns.
(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee; editing by Robin Emmott)
Trending On Reuters
Twitter Inc has shut down more than 125,000 terrorism-related accounts since the middle of 2015, most of them linked to the Islamic State group, the company said in a blog post on Friday. Full Article
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
- U.S., Britain eye letting spy agencies, police seek email, chat data from companies
- Tiger Global still likes Internet names, gets pointers from Jeter
- TSMC says quake impact on Q1 shipments no more than 1 pct