MOSCOW Olympic discus silver medallist Darya Pishchalnikova has been given a 10-year doping ban after failing a drugs test for the second time, the Russian athletics federation (VFLA) said on Tuesday.
A sample taken from Pishchalnikova in May last year was re-tested and proved positive for the anabolic steroid oxandrolone, the VFLA said on its website (www.rusathletics.com).
The 27-year-old Russian, who took silver in London last year, served a doping ban of two years nine months from July 2008 to April 2011. (Reporting by Gennady Fyodorov; Editing by Clare Fallon)
Trending On Reuters
Indian shot putter Inderjeet Singh said on Tuesday he has been notified by the national anti-doping agency (NADA) that he has returned a positive test for banned substances in his A sample. Full Article
- F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil - reports
- Sri Lanka opt to bat against Australia in first test
- FIFA chief wants two more Africa slots in expanded World Cup
- West Ham's Creswell out for up to four months, Lanzini injured
- IOC has 'no interest in clean sport' - whistleblower