MUMBAI Shares in sugar producers surged on Thursday after the government removed any limits on export volumes, raising expectations for improved profits in the sector.
Shree Renuka Sugars (SRES.NS), a private sector integrated sugar producer, rose 4.4 percent. Bajaj Hindusthan (BJHN.NS) added 3.8 percent, while Balrampur Chini Mills (BACH.NS) advanced 4.1 percent.
(Reporting by Mumbai Markets Team)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again