BlackBerry(BB.TO) (BBRY.O) said its new smartphone BlackBerry Q10 will be available in Canada starting May 1 through Rogers Wireless(RCIb.TO), Telus Corp(T.TO) and Bell Mobility(BCE.TO).
Q10 will be available starting at C$199 with a three-year contract. It will also be available on Virgin Mobile Canada.
BlackBerry said it expects Q10 device to be available in the United States by the end of May.
BlackBerry is trying to claw back market share lost to rivals such as Apple Inc(AAPL.O) and Samsung Electronics Co with its new line of devices powered by the revamped BlackBerry 10 operating system.
BlackBerry, which has changed its name from Research In Motion, has said it expects to report break-even results in the current quarter.
The company's shares closed at C$14.74 on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Tuesday. They have gained 25 percent so far in 2013.
(Reporting by Ankur Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
Trending On Reuters
Facebook Inc provided more evidence on Wednesday that it can turn eyeballs into profit as the maker of the world's most popular app and social website trounced Wall Street's estimates, sending its shares to an all-time high. Full Article
- Samsung Electronics tips 'solid' second-quarter profit on components pickup
- Disappointing earnings revive speculation on Twitter's future
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- As iPhone sales stagnate, services promise growth for Apple
- Brazil prosecutor freezes $11.7 million of Facebook funds due to WhatsApp case