2 Min Read
April 26(Reuters) - Banco BPI SA, the Portuguese unit of Spain's Caixabank:
* Said late on Wednesday it had a first-quarter net loss of 123 million euros ($134 million) after a year-ago profit of 46 million.
* The loss reflects a negative impact of 212 million euros from the sale of a 2 percent stake in its unit BFA and consequent deconsolidation of BFA, which BPI no longer controls.
* Excluding the deconsolidation impact, net profit rose to 90 million euros.
* Fully-implemented core Tier 1 capital ratio stood at 10.8 percent at the end of March, complies with minimum requirements for 2017.
* Net interest income from domestic operations up 7 percent
* The ratio of loans in arrears for more than 90 days in the domestic operations accounts fell to 2.9 percent in March 2017 from 3.6 percent a year earlier.
* The credit at risk ratio decreased to 3.8 percent from 4.6 percent.
Source text: here
Further company coverage: ($1 = 0.9182 euros) (Reporting by Andrei Khalip)