March 31 (Reuters) - Betsson AB:
* Changed dividend policy, applicable as of financial year 2017
* Says board's ambition for ordinary distribution to shareholders is, provided a continued attractive capital structure, to distribute up to 50 percent of net earnings, through cash transfer, an automatic redemption process or via repurchase of own shares
* Says decided to change dividend policy in order to increase company's financial capabilities to be active in consolidation of gaming industry
* Earlier policy: ambition to distribute up to 75 percent of the Group’s income after tax to the shareholders, provided that an appropriate capital structure can be maintained.
* Betsson shares drop after news, down 0.5 pct at 1121 GMT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Stockholm Newsroom)