June 5 (Reuters) - Blueprint Medicines Corp:
* Blueprint medicines announces new phase 1 clinical data for Blu-285 in advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors and plans to pursue expedited development in patients with a pdgfrα d842v mutation
* Blu-285 was well tolerated, and most adverse events reported by investigators were grade 1 or 2.
* FDA granted breakthrough therapy designation to Blu-285 for treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic pdgfrα d842v-driven gist
* Additional data from expansion portion of ongoing trial of Blu-285 may be sufficient to support nda for treatment of patients with pdgfrα d842v-driven gist
* company also plans to initiate a global, pivotal phase 3 clinical trial of Blu-285 in first half of 2018 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: