March 16 (Reuters) - Cato Corp
* "We believe 2017 will be another challenging year for Cato,"
* Company plans to open 13 new stores during 2017
* Reports 4Q and full year earnings
* For 2017, company anticipates closing up to 19 stores by year-end.
* Q4 same store sales fell 12 percent
* Q4 revenue $247.3 million
* Sees 2017 capital expenditures are projected to be approximately $16 million
* "2016 was a very disappointing year. Overall apparel retail environment continued to be difficult and was compounded by several mistakes of our own"
* Sales for fiscal Q4 ended January 28, 2017 were $218.2 million, a decrease of 12 pct from sales of $247.3 million for Q4 ended January 30, 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: