2 Min Read
Feb 22 (Reuters) - Coca-cola Amatil Ltd:
* Would invest around $90 million over three years to remodel its supply chain across Australia
* Will make a $90 million investment at Richlands in Queensland.
* Investment will include a new glass production line and new dairy and juice production capacity.
* Will be closing our South Australian manufacturing facilities, principally at Thebarton, in 2019
* In addition to Richlands, other manufacturing activities would also shift to Kewdale in Western Australia, Moorabbin in Victoria, and Northmead in NSW
* Watkins said approximately 180 employees and contractors were affected by decision
* Closure of manufacturing facilities in South Australia will deliver a further $20 million in cost savings from 2020
* Also expected to be approximately $50 million of one-off costs associated with this program
* "Some permanent staff will be redeployed to other positions within company"
* "Coca-Cola Amatil will maintain a strong workforce and presence in south australia after 2019" Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: