May 31 (Reuters) - Compugen Ltd:
* Compugen provides update on com701 and upcoming presentations
* Compugen Ltd - anticipates a delay of several months in submission of an investigational new drug application (ind) for com701
* Compugen Ltd - previously company had disclosed an expectation of IND filing for com701 in q4 of this year
* Compugen - informed by manufacturing service provider for com701 that batch of material manufactured for co's glp toxicity studies was contaminated
* Compugen Ltd - "expect this delay may have a limited effect with respect to our on-going business development discussions for this program"
* Compugen - contamination discovered during quality control procedures prior to release of affected batch and, as such, was not used in preclinical studies
* Compugen Ltd - contamination of com701 batch has necessitated production of a new batch of material for execution of studies Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: