Assurant shares could double-Barron's
NEW YORK, June 25 Insurer Assurant Inc's shares could double because it is emphasizing fee-based businesses while lowering its exposure to its riskier underwriting business, according to a report in Barron's.
April 25 Discover Financial Services-
* Discover Financial Services reports first quarter net income of $564 million or $1.43 per diluted share
* Q1 earnings per share $1.43
* Q1 earnings per share view $1.46 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Qtrly total net charge-off rate excluding pci loans increased 48 basis points from prior year to 2.69% and
* Discover financial services qtrly credit card loans grew $4.1 billion to $59.8 billion
* Discover Financial Services -qtrly total delinquency rate over 30 days past due excluding pci loans increased 33 basis points from prior year to 1.97%
* Discover Financial Services qtrly discover card sales volume increased 6% from prior year
* Discover financial services qtrly total loans grew $5.5 billion from prior year to $75.9 billion
* Discover Financial Services qtrly net interest income $1,892 million versus $1,750 million
* Qtrly provision for loan losses $586 million versus $424 million Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
June 25 Nestle SA, is being targeted by activist investor Daniel Loeb's hedge fund Third Point LLC, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.