Feb 28 (Reuters) -
* U.S. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai pledges to implement 'light touch' regulation, 'remove investment barriers' in the telecom sector
* "Our approach will not be zero regulation but light touch regulation," Pai said in his keynote speech during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday.
* Pai pledged to "remove barriers to invesments" for the U.S. telecom sector to foster the development of the next generation 5G mobile wireless technology and broadband.
* Pai said the FCC will aim to have "targeted actions instead of preemptive rules"
* Pai says new FCC policies will unleash capital expenditure by U.S. telecom operators (Reporting by Mathieu Rosemain)