June 2 (Reuters) -
* Fitch downgrades San Marino to 'BBB-'; outlook stable
* Fitch on San Marino - revised country ceiling down to 'BBB+' from 'A', and downgraded short-term foreign-currency idr to 'f3' from 'f2'
* Fitch, on San Marino, says developments in banking sector increased likelihood that sizeable state recapitalisations will be required, adding to public debt
* Fitch on San Marino says need for public banking sector support partly reflects ongoing weaknesses in asset quality and profitability across sector
* Fitch, on San Marino, says considers private sector solutions will prove insufficient to make up identified capital shortfalls Source text for Eikon: