April 6 Ford Motor Co
* Says will hire an additional 976 people to help production
of its smaller sport utility vehicle EcoSport at its Romanian
unit Automobile Craiova.
* Says current staff at Automobile Craiova stands at 2,715.
* Says production of EcoSport will start in the fall of
* Says investment to build the vehicle is of up to 200
million euros ($213.00 million).
* Says will continue to assess the possibility of building
new products at its Craiova plant to make full use of existing
output and technology while holding "productive talks" with the
Romanian government over improving infrastructure and logistics.
($1 = 0.9390 euros)
(Reporting by Luiza Ilie; Editing by Radu Marinas)