1 Min Read
June 29 (Reuters) - Fred's Inc:
* Fred's Pharmacy comments on termination of Walgreens-Rite Aid merger and related agreement with Fred’s
* Fred's Inc - termination of asset purchase agreement with Walgreens and Rite Aid has no impact on Fred's Pharmacy's transformation
* Fred's Inc - will receive $25 million as reimbursement for expenses associated with terminated transaction
* Says "this is a disappointing outcome"
* Fred's Inc - following termination of the merger, Fred's Pharmacy asset purchase agreement with Walgreens and Rite Aid has also been terminated Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: