RPT-BRIEF-Mikhail Fridman's fund L1 Retail to buy Holland & Barrett for 1.8 billion stg- FT
* Mikhail Fridman's fund lL Retail to buy Holland & Barrett for 1.8 billion stg- FT Source http://on.ft.com/2sQOafR
March 28 General Motors Co :
* GM statement regarding shareholder proposal and slate from Greenlight Capital
* Says expects to return approximately $7 billion in cash to shareholders in 2017
* Confirmed board and management have analyzed and rejected non-binding proposal that Greenlight Capital intends to submit for vote
* Has "unanimously determined not to recommend any of Greenlight’s nominees for election to the board"
* Says Greenlight's proposal relates to eliminating dividend on existing GM common stock and distributing unprecedented new dividend-focused security
* Greenlight's proposal to eliminate co's common dividend to fund separate dividend "is not in best interests of shareholders"
* GM says "for seven months, we’ve extensively reviewed the proposed dual-class structure, as well as other capital allocation strategies"
* Concluded that continuing to execute strategy & adhering to current "capital allocation framework is the best path to deliver increased value"
* GM says Greenlight has also nominated a slate of four candidates for election to GM’s board of directors Source text - bit.ly/2o7jk2M Further company coverage:
June 25 The insurance industry warned the British government of the dangers of flammable cladding on buildings a month before the Grenfell Tower fire killed at least 79 people, the Financial Times reported.