May 18 (Reuters) - James Hardie Industries Plc:
* FY net profit attributable to shareholders $ 276.5 million versus $244.4 million
* FY net sales from ordinary activities $ 1.92 billion versus $1.73 billion
* Expect modest market growth and more prolonged recovery of us housing market to continue into fiscal year 2018
* A FY2017 second half ordinary dividend of US28.0 cents per security is payable to cufs holders on 4 august 2017
* "Company expects new construction starts between approximately 1.2 and 1.3 million"
* "Growth in New Zealand business is expected into fiscal year 2018"
* Expects North America fiber cement segment EBIT margin to be in stated target range of 20% to 25% for fiscal year 2018 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: