Feb 24 (Reuters) - Liberty Holdings Ltd:
* Headline earnings for year ended Dec. 31 2016 amounted to r2 207 million, down 46,2 pct compared to 4 102 million rand in 2015
* "we are in advanced stages of acquiring a life licence in Nigeria"
* FY net customer cash inflows amounted to 7,7 billion rand(Dec. 31 2015: 15,2 billion rand)
* FY end total assets under management increased marginally to 676 billion rand versus 668 billion rand
* Board has approved and declared a gross final dividend of 415 cents per ordinary share
* Operating conditions are expected to remain tough and pressure on consumer disposable income is likely to continue
* Lower returns from investment markets and a challenging consumer environment contributed to weaker earnings in 2016 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)