May 5 (Reuters) - Millennium & Copthorne Hotels Plc:
* In constant currency, Q1 group revpar grew by 4.6% with increases in both occupancy and average room rate
* Qtrly profit before tax fell by £5m or 27.8% for period
* Group revenue improved during first three months of 2017, particularly in London and New Zealand
* Poor performance in US region especially New York, remains a concern.
* Addressing issues contributing to under-performance in US region
* Immediate focus is on US management structure, which is currently under review
* Q1 total revenue in reported currency grew 16.1 percent to £223m Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)