1 Min Read
May 22 (Reuters) - Moody's:
* Moody's says Canadian acquisition spree of U.S. Utilities and Pipeline companies expected to continue
* Moody's says "Anticipating more M&A activity in both the utility and midstream sectors"
* Moody's says debt-financed consolidation is long-term trend in North American utility space, midstream consolidation follows period of very high growth
* Moody's says "The environment remains favorable for Canadian utility consolidation in the U.S."
* Moody's says midstream sector acquisitions generally been credit positive for canadian companies due to high levels of equity financing, greater strategic benefits
* Moody's says uncertainty over U.S. tax reform could lead to a pause or slowdown in M&A activity in Canada Source text for Eikon: