May 22 Moody's:
* Moody's says Canadian acquisition spree of U.S. Utilities
and Pipeline companies expected to continue
* Moody's says "Anticipating more M&A activity in both the
utility and midstream sectors"
* Moody's says debt-financed consolidation is long-term
trend in North American utility space, midstream consolidation
follows period of very high growth
* Moody's says "The environment remains favorable for
Canadian utility consolidation in the U.S."
* Moody's says midstream sector acquisitions generally been
credit positive for canadian companies due to high levels of
equity financing, greater strategic benefits
* Moody's says uncertainty over U.S. tax reform could lead
to a pause or slowdown in M&A activity in Canada
Source text for Eikon: