April 12 (Reuters) - National Grid Plc:
* Update on timing impacts for fiscal year 2016/17
* Updates its 2016/17 technical guidance for timing impacts ahead of entering closed period on 18 april 2017.
* Group expects headline full-year results to reflect higher favourable timing in both its uk and us businesses
* Over-Recoveries primarily relate to out-turn electricity and gas volumes being different to anticipated volumes (e.g. Due to weather)
* Additionally, us over-recoveries also benefit from mandated state level collections.
* Net benefit to earnings per share in 2016/17 from timing is now expected to be approximately 5p higher than previously estimated
* Timing has no impact on long-term performance and this incremental benefit will be returned to customers in future years. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)