Feb 21 (Reuters) - Comptel
* the board Of directors of Comptel posts a statement regarding the voluntary public tender offer by Nokia
* offer period under tender offer is expected to commence on or about February 27 and to run for approximately four weeks
* board believes the proposed combination creates "an agile player in the OSS market and forms a foundation for profitable growth and innovation"
* says combination would reduce risks related to the consolidation between industry players
* says offer is not expected to have a material effect on operations and business locations of, or on number of jobs at Comptel
* says the consideration offered by Nokia to Comptel is fair
* board concludes that entering into the deal is in the interest of Comptel's shareholders, unanimously recommends to accept the offer Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Helsinki Newsroom)