May 17 (Reuters) - Paddy Power Betfair
* CEO says has a lot of appetite to do more m&a in u.s.
* CEO says hard to see current intense competition at every level in european market abating
* CEO says given level of competition we are cautious but guardedly optimistic
* CEO says smaller players will continue to struggle, either "wither on the vine" or be forced to consolidate
* CEO says appears to be appetite for considerable change to uk fixed-odds betting terminals regulation, very comfortable with ability to trade through it
* CEO says very happy with retail business, expects to open shops in the uk in h2
* CEO speaking to media after Annual General Meeting Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Padraic Halpin)