April 5 (Reuters) -
* U.S. Food and Drug Administration nominee Dr. Scott Gottlieb says he believes opportunities exist for clinical trials that "don't require the tight randomization" current clinical trials do.
* Gottlieb says he would be willing to "speak truth to power" to argue if needed that there is "no causal link" between vaccines and autism.
* Gottlieb says opioid addiction epidemic is a public health emergency "on the order of Ebola and Zika."
* Gottlieb says he is "uniquely qualified" to prevent companies from using "regulatory arbitrage" to gain commercial advantage.
* Gottlieb says certain flavored vaping or e-cigarette products "might be inappropriate in one context and not in another." Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: [ ] (Reporting by Toni Clarke)