1 Min Read
March 21 (Reuters) - Twitter Inc
* have suspended a total of 636,248 accounts in the period of August 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016
* received 7% more government requests for account information affecting 13% fewer accounts during second half of 2016 than in the previous reporting period
* in second half of 2016, received about 13% more removal requests impacting 37% fewer accounts compared to previous reporting period
* from July 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016, a total of 376,890 accounts were suspended for "violations related to promotion of terrorism"
* during H2 of 2016, received 88 legal requests from around world directing co to remove content posted by verified journalists or news outlet accounts Further company coverage: