Feb 21 (Reuters) - Universal Security Instruments Inc -
* Universal Security Instruments reports third-quarter results
* Q3 loss per share $0.24
* Q3 sales $3.178 million versus $4.113 million
* Universal Security Instruments Inc - "comparable orders received in co's third fiscal quarter of previous year were able to be delivered in that quarter"
* Universal Security Instruments Inc - joint venture recorded a non-recurring inventory write down of $387,000 in quarter
* Universal Security Instruments- received approval from testing laboratory for 10-year sealed photoelectric smoke,combination smoke,carbon monoxide alarms Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: