Feb 21 (Reuters) - Vitamin Shoppe Inc
* Company will add two new independent directors in next two months.
* Announces changes to board of directors
* As result, immediately following 2017 annual meeting of shareholders, board is expected to return to its current size of 10 members
* Says both new directors will independent directors and will not be a current or former employee
* Says intends to temporarily increase size of board of directors from 10 members to 12
* Company will identify one candidate and carlson capital, one of company's largest shareholders, will propose another candidate
* Says two current board members will not stand for re-election at 2017 annual meeting of shareholders Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: