March 1 (Reuters) - Wendy's Co
* The wendy's company enhances and expands supplier code of conduct
* Code includes new requirements for certain suppliers of whole, fresh produce
* Wendys co- supplier code will also require third party reviews related to human rights and labor practices of these suppliers
* Will now add approximately 100 additional suppliers to be covered by code, including all u.s. And canadian contracts managed by qscc
* Code will also require third party reviews related to human rights and labor practices of these suppliers
* Wendys co - company is on target to announce specific additional commitments related to antibiotics for pork and beef in 2017.
* Code's provisions apply to all suppliers, however certain sections may be inapplicable to certain suppliers
* Wendys co - company has set a goal to use only certified sustainable palm oil in its north american food products by 2022.
* Wendys- code focuses on aspects including food safety and food ingredients, farm animal health and well-being, human rights and labor practices Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: