May 8 (Reuters) - Westpac Banking Corp
* HY cash earnings $4,017 million, up 3%
* HY reported net interest margin decreased 4 basis points to 2.05%
* HY statutory net profit $3,907 million, up 6%
* 94 cents per share interim, fully franked dividend
* "We remain positive about Australian housing market, although we expect price growth to moderate through 2017"
* "2017 financial system credit is expected to grow at around 5.5%"
* H1 2017 Common Equity Tier 1 Ratio (APRA BASEL III) 9.97 percent versus 10.47 percent
* "Housing credit growth is likely to ease a little as demand slows"
* HY net interest income $7,693 million versus $7,653 million
* H1 2017 cash earnings return on average ordinary equity 13.95 percent versus 14.15 percent last year Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: