Oct 11 The following are the top stories in the
Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does
not vouch for their accuracy.
* Samsung calls for Galaxy Note 7 sales halt. (on.ft.com/2dXkCFa)
* Paul Ryan abandons Trump as Republicans lose hope. (on.ft.com/2dXlXMw)
* UK financial services groups set out strategy on gender
* Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Tuesday it
will ask all global partners to stop sales and exchanges of the
Galaxy Note7 smartphones, further deepening the smartphone
company's recall crisis.
* Paul Ryan, the top Republican in the U.S. Congress, took
the extraordinary step on Monday of distancing himself from
Donald Trump, stirring a backlash from some lawmakers and
deepening a crisis over his party's struggling presidential
* As part of the UK government's Women in Finance Charter,
60 of the 72 companies which have signed up have pledged to have
at least 30 percent of women in senior roles by 2021.
(Compiled by Parikshit Mishra in Bengaluru; Editing by Sandra