April 21 The following are the top stories in
the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and
does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Farage rules out 8th attempt to stand for parliament. on.ft.com/2pX6XDm
* Carney adviser joins exodus of women from Bank of England.
* Policeman killed in central Paris terrorism attack. on.ft.com/2pXgHNP
* Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage said he will not be
standing in Britain's 2017 election, in an opinion piece for the
* The director for communications at Bank of England, Jenny
Scott, has left the bank according to an internal memo sent to
the bank's staff on Wednesday.
* A French policeman was shot dead and two others were
wounded in central Paris on Thursday night in an attack carried
out days before presidential elections and quickly claimed by
the Islamic State group.
(Compiled by Parikshit Mishra in Bengluru; Editing by Sandra