WORLD NEWS SCHEDULE AT 1400 GMT/10 AM ET
Iraqi forces free hundreds of civilians in Mosul Old City battles as death toll mounts
Dec 12 The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Tesco Bank debit cards risked cyber crime, warn rivals on.ft.com/2gtSIpw
* Monte dei Paschi makes last-ditch push to raise 5 bln euros on.ft.com/2gu04Jl
* Boeing inks $16.6 bln deal with Iran's national carrier on.ft.com/2gtWwXw
- Tesco Bank has issued sequential debit card numbers and exposed customers to cyber crime. This is a practice most banks avoid because it lets hackers remain undetected while working quickly through thousands of accounts, according to rival lenders.
- Monte dei Paschi di Siena's board is making a last-ditch attempt to raise 5 billion euros by the end of 2016 in a quest to stave off a state bail-out for the world's oldest surviving lender.
- Boeing and Iran's national carrier have finalised their $16.6 billion deal for the sale of 80 aircraft to the Islamic Republic's airlines. The deal marks the first large contract with a US company since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
(Compiled by Sangameswaran S in Bengaluru; Editing by Peter Cooney)