July 7 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Buffett nears $18 bln bid for Texas utility Oncor (on.ft.com/2sRIUa9)
* Qualcomm calls for iPhone ban as Apple patent case intensifies (on.ft.com/2uPrdt2)
* SoundCloud cuts 40 pct of workforce and shuts half its offices (on.ft.com/2tWJ30R)
* HSBC to ramp up hunt for new chief executive (on.ft.com/2sQ3Ez5)
* Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc is in talks to acquire energy provider Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC for about $18 billion.
* Qualcomm Inc has asked a U.S. agency to ban the import of certain iPhone models that the chipmaker alleges infringed on its latest patents.
* Germany-based music platform SoundCloud has cut about 40 percent of its headcount and shut half its offices in an attempt to cut costs.
* HSBC Holdings Plc's incoming chairman, Mark Tucker is looking to find a successor for its chief executive, Stuart Gulliver, and plans to announce board's choice this year. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)