LONDON Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate said on Friday they were "deeply saddened" by the death of a nurse who fell victim to a prank call from an Australian radio station seeking details of the duchess's condition while she was in hospital for morning sickness.
The King Edward VII hospital earlier confirmed the death of the nurse, Jacinda Saldanha.
"Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time," said a statement from William's office.
(Reporting by Tim Castle; editing by Stephen Addison)
Trending On Reuters
- Video: Bob Dylan turns 75 on May 24
- Angelina Jolie to teach at London School of Economics on women in conflict
- Kanye West is sued by Hungarian rock star for alleged song theft
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse, animation trove up for auction
- Bone fragment of murdered archbishop of Canterbury begins English pilgrimage