(Adds company news item)
March 6 Britain's FTSE 100 futures were flat ahead of
the cash market open on Monday.
* STANDARD LIFE-ABERDEEN ASSET: Standard Life and Aberdeen
set out the terms of their proposed 11 billion pound ($13.51 billion) merger on
Monday, saying they expected the deal to save the combined companies up to 200
million pounds in costs.
* STANDARD LIFE-ABERDEEN ASSET: The 11 billion pound ($13.5 billion) merger
between Standard Life and Aberdeen Asset Management will lead to some job losses
but not the 1,000 figure that has been cited in media reports, the Aberdeen CEO
said on Monday.
* BT GROUP: Britain's BT has won the rights to broadcast the UEFA
Champions League and Europa League for another three years in a 1.18 billion
pound ($1.45 billion) deal that locks out arch-rival Sky from the
* INFORMA: British business media group Informa Plc said its revenue
rose 11 percent in 2016, helped by strong trading in its global exhibitions
* SHAWBROOK: British bank Shawbrook Group Plc said on Friday it has
received a joint offer from two private equity firms to buy the lender less than
two years since it went public, in a deal worth 825 million pounds ($1 billion).
* DEUTSCHE BOERSE-LSE: Deutsche Boerse Chairman Joachim Faber has
put the blame for a failed tie-up with the London Stock Exchange on
Britain and its vote to leave the European Union.
* SAINSBURY: Sainsbury's, Britain's second largest supermarket
group, is to cut up to 400 jobs in a restructuring of its store operations, it
said on Friday.
* RIO TINTO: Rio Tinto and its partners are cutting output
and jobs at the Boyne aluminum smelter in Australia, adding to cuts announced in
January, it said on Friday, blaming a jump in power prices.
* ITV: The European Court of Justice ruled TVCatchup.com cannot offer ITV's
channels for free streaming online without the UK broadcaster's
permission, the Telegraph reported on Sunday. bit.ly/2mcjHa3
* OIL: Oil prices slipped in Asian trade on Monday, wiping out some of the
gains of the previous session amid ongoing concern over Russia's compliance with
a global deal to cut oil output.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent lower at 7,374.26 points on
Friday, weighed down by a raft of disappointing earnings updates as well as
weakness in the mining sector.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Synthomer PLC Full Year 2016 Synthomer
PLC Earnings Release
Ultra Electronics Full Year 2016 Ultra
Holdings PLC Electronics Holdings PLC
Devro PLC Full Year 2016 Devro PLC
Abcam PLC Half Year 2017 Abcam PLC
Informa PLC Full Year 2016 Informa PLC
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Abhijith Ganapavaram in Bengaluru; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu and