March 10 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up
22.3 points on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND: A judge on Thursday ordered legal representatives
of thousands of shareholders suing Royal Bank of Scotland over a 12
billion pound ($15 billion) cash call to prove they have insurance to meet the
hefty risks of a trial.
* BP: Motorists will be able to fill up their gas tanks at about 1,500 new
BP service stations the oil major plans to open across Mexico over the
next five years, company executives said on Thursday.
* ROLLS-ROYCE: Rolls-Royce's engineering head is quitting little more
than a year after taking the job in the latest management shake-up by Chief
Executive Warren East, the Financial Times reported on Thursday.
* BANK OF ENGLAND: MPs on the Treasury committee discussed whether to ask
the Bank of England to cancel Charlotte Hogg's promotion to deputy governor
after she admitted failing to disclose information, the Financial Times
* BREXIT: As Britain prepares to leave the European Union, some carmakers
are considering softening the blow of any tariffs by sourcing more parts locally
and producing more models they can sell domestically rather than
* OIL: Crude prices inched up on Friday after dropping to their lowest in
more than three months the session before, pressured by concerns that a global
supply glut is proving stubbornly persistent.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.3 percent lower on Thursday, down for a
sixth session in a row, as a disappointing set of results from grocer Morrisons
and a slump in miners outweighed a strong performance from insurance
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
J D Wetherspoon JDW.L Half Year 2017
JRP Group PLC JRP.L Half Year 2017
esure Group PLC ESUR.L Full Year 2016
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Siju Varghese; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)