(Adds company news items, futures)
April 7 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 13
points lower on Friday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures
down 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* CO-OP BANK: Britain's Co-operative Bank said on Friday it had
received a number of non-binding offers that would go to a next phase of
* HUNTING: Oilfield services company Hunting Plc said its chief
executive Dennis Proctor will retire later this year after a successor has been
* BRITAIN/EU CLEARING: The European Commission will reflect carefully on the
location of euro-denominated derivatives clearing, a business mostly done in
London now and that will be outside the EU when Britain leaves the bloc, the EU
executive's vice president said on Thursday.
* BANK/EU REGULATION: The European Central Bank has proposed that large
branches of foreign banks in the European Union be subject to tighter regulation
and capital requirements, a move that would increase U.S. and Asian lenders'
costs and also hit British banks after Brexit.
* SOUTH AFRICA RAND RIGGING: Some of the banks South African regulators have
alleged rigged the rand currency say the case against them lacks specific detail
about anti-competitive conduct and its impact, three sources with direct
knowledge of the matter said.
* OIL: Oil prices surged more than 2 percent on Friday after the United
States launched dozens of cruise missiles at an airbase in Syria. Brent crude
futures , the international benchmark for oil, jumped to $56.08 per
barrel before easing to be up 1.6 percent at $55.75 per barrel at 0310 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index was down 0.4 percent at 7,303.20 points at its
close on Thursday, with financials the biggest drag, taking almost 11 points off
the index. U.S. equities had dipped on Wednesday.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)