Jan 12 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 14
points on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* The UK blue chip index on Wednesday rose 0.2 percent to a new record high,
closing higher for the twelfth consecutive session in its longest winning streak
in the index's 33-year history. It closed up 0.21 percent at 7290.49 points.
* LSE/DEUTSCHE BOERSE: The European Central Bank needs to carefully analyse
a proposed merger between London Stock Exchange Group and Deutsche
Boerse, particularly given Britain's decision to leave the EU, ECB
President Mario Draghi said on Wednesday.
* BP: Australia's competition regulator said on Thursday it will review BP
Plc's A$1.8 billion purchase of 527 petrol stations from Australia's top
grocer, Woolworths Ltd.
* BRITAIN BANKS: The share of Britain's biggest banks in the market
supplying UK companies' daily foreign currency needs fell for a second year
running in 2016 as firms made more use of new trading platforms and brokers, an
industry report showed on Wednesday.
* BRITAIN/IRELAND: Uncertainty arising from Brexit led to an 8 percent fall
last year in Irish food and drink exports to the United Kingdom, by far their
biggest market, but the drop was offset by growth elsewhere.
* BRITAIN/EU: Britain's finance industry has given up on efforts to keep
full access to the European Union after Brexit and is pushing instead for a more
limited trade deal that would potentially exclude some financial
* EX-DIVS: No FTSE 100 .FTSE companies will go ex-dividend on Thursday,
although several mid-caps will go ex-div, after which investors will no longer
qualify for the latest dividend payout.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
SuperGroup Plc Half Year Earning Release
Tesco Plc Christmas & Q3 IMS
Marks & Spencer Group Plc Q3 Trading Statement
Hays Plc Q2 Trading Statement
Barratt Developments Plc Trading Update
Booker Group Plc Q3 Trading Update
Premier Oil Plc Trading Update
Associated British Foods Plc Q1 Trading Update
ASOS Plc Trading Update
Debenhams Plc Christmas Trading Update
AO World Plc Q3 Interim Management Statement
Dunelm Group Plc Q2 Trading Statement
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : topnews.reuters.com
(Reporting by Rahul B in Bengaluru; Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)