KARACHI Pakistan test and one-day captain Misbah-ul-Haq has backed an International Cricket Council (ICC) move to introduce day-night tests but suggested initial trials with the coloured ball in first class cricket.
"It is a good move by the ICC but I think first day and night first class matches need to be held regularly as the coloured ball remains an issue," Misbah told reporters.
On Monday the ICC said countries could now agree to play day-night matches. Experiments have been conducted with pink, orange and yellow balls to decide which colour is best in both daylight and under floodlights.
(Editing by John Mehaffey)
Trending On Reuters
Indian shot putter Inderjeet Singh said on Tuesday he has been notified by the national anti-doping agency (NADA) that he has returned a positive test for banned substances in his A sample. Full Article
- F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil - reports
- Sri Lanka opt to bat against Australia in first test
- FIFA chief wants two more Africa slots in expanded World Cup
- West Ham's Creswell out for up to four months, Lanzini injured
- IOC has 'no interest in clean sport' - whistleblower