CAPE TOWN South Africa opener Graeme Smith is out of the final one-day international on Sunday after his troublesome left ankle flared up during Pakistan's three-wicket win on Thursday.
The selectors have yet to decide on his replacement for the series decider, a Cricket South Africa statement said on Friday.
"Smith has been given a period of rest and rehabilitation on chronic left ankle injury," it added.
South Africa and Pakistan are level at 2-2 in the five-match ODI series, which serves as a warm-up for the Champions Trophy in England in June.
(Reporting by Mark Gleeson; Editing by Mark Meadows)
Trending On Reuters
PARIS - Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal sauntered to opening wins at the French Open on Tuesday but Andy Murray, one of their main title rivals, came perilously close to going home before joining them in the second round. Full Article
- Russian Olympic Committee: samples from 2008 Olympics showed positive results for 14 Russian athletes
- Ronaldo declares himself fit for Champions League final
- Liverpool, United fined by UEFA over fans' misconduct
- French teenager served double bagel on nightmare debut
- Rumours of my demise are greatly exaggerated, Schiavone says