NEW YORK At least three of Dell Inc's DELL.O top 20 shareholders support Southeastern Asset Management's decision to vote against the $24.4 billion buyout of the No. 3 PC maker led by CEO Michael Dell, a person close to the matter said.
Among the holders who support Southeastern are Harris Associates LP, Yacktman Asset Management LP and Pzena Investment Management LLC, which between them hold roughly 3.3 percent in Dell, the person said.
Harris and Yacktman were not immediately available for comment. Pzena's chairman, Richard Pzena, said a Dell deal should be in the $20 per share range or the company should explore other options.
(Reporting by Nadia Damouni; editing by Matthew Lewis)
Trending On Reuters
Twitter Inc has shut down more than 125,000 terrorism-related accounts since the middle of 2015, most of them linked to the Islamic State group, the company said in a blog post on Friday. Full Article
- Exclusive - Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices - sources
- Business services firms' shares bleed as LinkedIn, Tableau crash
- U.S., Britain eye letting spy agencies, police seek email, chat data from companies
- Tiger Global still likes Internet names, gets pointers from Jeter
- TSMC says quake impact on Q1 shipments no more than 1 pct