CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
Trending On Reuters
Syria called local truces near Damascus and in a northern province on Friday but no halt to combat on the main battlefield in Aleppo, after a surge in fighting the United Nations said showed "monstrous disregard" for civilian lives. Full Article
- Oil rig helicopter crashes off Norwegian coast, 13 presumed dead
- China denies request for Hong Kong visit by U.S. carrier group - Pentagon
- Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in California
- Puerto Rico Zika cases now include 65 pregnant women, 1 death - CDC
- North Korea sentences Korean American to 10 years hard labour