CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi approved an army call for holding national unity talks in a bid to end a political crisis, a presidency official said on Tuesday.
Refa'a Al-Tahtawy, Mursi's presidential chief of staff, made the comment to Al Jazeera television. The talks are due to take place on Wednesday.
(Writing by Edmund Blair)
Trending On Reuters
Donald Trump brought his message of walls and deportations to the doorstep of America’s busiest border crossing on Friday as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee greeted supporters in San Diego, amid one of the largest counter-protests organized against him. Full Article | Video
- Rio de Janeiro police investigate alleged gang rape that has shocked Brazilians
- Putin warns Romania, Poland - you may now be in Russia's cross-hairs
- U.N. urges Syrian government to stop blocking aid deliveries
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash, search intensifies
- Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms