R&B singer Chris Brown will be questioned as part of an investigation into allegations that he punched a man during a fight over a parking space in West Hollywood, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said on Monday.
Deputies responded to a call on Sunday about a fight involving six men on Santa Monica Boulevard, the department said. Witnesses said the Grammy-winning singer had assaulted a man during the brief altercation.
No arrests were made. The alleged victim was not named in a department statement that said Brown and his entourage had left the scene before deputies arrived.
Investigators plan to contact the singer about the incident at a later time, according to the department.
Brown, 23, is serving a five-year probation sentence after pleading guilty to assaulting fellow R&B star and former girlfriend Rihanna on the eve of the 2009 Grammy awards.
(Reporting by Colleen Jenkins; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
Trending On Reuters
"The Jungle Book" pulverized a trio of box office lightweights, racking up $42.4 million to lead ticket sales for the third consecutive weekend. Full Article
- U2 guitarist The Edge makes history as he rocks Sistine Chapel for cancer
- Box Office: 'Jungle Book' triumphs, 'Keanu' stumbles, 'Mother's Day' bombs
- UK royal Kate appears on cover of Vogue's 100th anniversary edition
- Prince's motorcycle jacket from 'Purple Rain' film on auction
- Will Ferrell won't portray Reagan in comedy following outcry