Nominations for the top British movie awards, the BAFTAs, were announced on Wednesday, with "Lincoln" leading the field with 10, one ahead of "Les Miserables" and "Life of Pi".
Following is a list of nominees for the main categories.
The winners of the awards, formally called the EE British Academy Film Awards, will be announced at a ceremony in London on February 10.
- Argo; Les Miserables; Life of Pi; Lincoln; Zero Dark Thirty
OUTSTANDING BRITISH FILM
- Anna Karenina; The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel; Les Miserables; Seven Psychopaths; Skyfall
FILM NOT IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- Amour; Headhunters; The Hunt; Rust and Bone; Untouchable
- The Imposter; Marley; McCullin; Searching for Sugar Man; West of Memphis
- Brave; Frankenweenie; Paranorman
- Amour/Michael Haneke; Argo/Ben Affleck; Django Unchained/Quentin Tarantino; Life of Pi/Ang Lee; Zero Dark Thirty/Kathryn Bigelow
- Amour/Michael Haneke; Django Unchained/Quentin Tarantino; The Master/Paul Thomas Anderson; Moonrise Kingdom/Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola; Zero Dark Thirty/Mark Boal
- Ben Affleck/Argo; Bradley Cooper/Silver Linings Playbook; Daniel Day-Lewis/Lincoln; Hugh Jackman/Les Miserables; Joaquin Phoenix/The Master
- Emmanuelle Riva/Amour; Helen Mirren/Hitchcock; Jennifer Lawrence/Silver Linings Playbook; Jessica Chastain/Zero Dark Thirty; Marion Cotillard/Rust and Bone
- Alan Arkin/Argo; Christoph Waltz/Django Unchained; Javier Bardem/Skyfall; Philip Seymour Hoffman/The Master; Tommy Lee Jones/Lincoln
- Amy Adams/The Master; Anne Hathaway/Les Miserables; Helen Hunt/The Sessions; Judi Dench/Skyfall; Sally Field/Lincoln.
(Reporting by Mike Collett-White)
Home, studio of late U.S. rocker Prince to be opened to public
Paisley Park, the suburban Minneapolis estate and studio of late rock musician Prince, will be opened for public tours starting on Oct. 6, the administrator of the singer's estate said.
French PM defends burkini ban but some in cabinet wary
PARIS French Prime Minister Manuel Valls defended a ban on burkinis in more than a dozen coastal towns on Thursday, saying France was locked in a "battle of cultures" and that the full-body swimsuit symbolised the enslavement of women.
Malaysian rapper accused of insulting Islam released on bail
KUALA LUMPUR A Malaysian rapper, who had been held in police custody for four days over a music video he produced that allegedly insulted Islam, was released on bail on Thursday, while the country's attorney-general decides whether to press charges.