ISLAMABAD Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has ordered the suspension of YouTube in the country over a video made in the United States which mocks the Prophet Mohammad and has enraged the Islamic world.
Ashraf's office said in a statement that the Ministry of Information had been ordered to block YouTube so that the "blasphemous" video could not be viewed.
(Reporting by Michael Georgy; Editing by Mark Heinrich)
Trending On Reuters
- Pokemon Go gets big Comic-Con stage, creator talks success and future
- Facebook, Twitter co-operated with Brazil probe of alleged militants
- EXCLUSIVE: Tesla, SolarCity close to merger agreement - sources
- Apple weathers anti-U.S. demo in China, where patriotic protests snowball
- Video: Danish amateur rocket launch fails